What Is The Juyukai?
- The JuYuKai is a private group – no drop-ins, invitation only.
- Train hard, but if you’re too rough, you’re gone.
- Train for longevity, not for competition.
- Study concepts and universal movement patterns over techniques.
- Problem-solve through timed “drills” (selective tension positional sparring with specific goal)
- Always protect yourself and your partner.
- Train as much as you can but always at your own pace.
- If you have an injury, work around it. If you’re sick, don’t show up.
- Open and honest communication between members.
- Clean body, clean clothes, clean mats, clean mind.
- No “1-2-3 Clap” or saying “OSS!”
- Do your warm-ups, calisthenics, strength-work outside of class.
- No bowing to a photo.
- Trust in the process.
- Have fun.
- Try to get there 15 minutes early to prepare and warm-up
- Clean your feet on the towel before stepping on the mat
- Bow before stepping on the mat
- Bow before stepping off of the mat
- Use your shoes if you are going to the toilet
- Wipe feet before getting back on the mat
- Line up when it’s time for class to start